Chủ Nhật, 12 tháng 12, 2021

One Day I Will Be Gone



One day I will be gone

Leaving doctors and nurses
No more pains, no more hurts.
Walking toward bright dawn.

I will try not to shake,
Hold my breath by the lake,
Snapping photos of swans.

I’ll climb up on mountains
Reach clouds, pull those curtains
Follow paths of dragons.

Cross wild rivers, rice fields
I’ll stand on top of hills,
Listen to nature's songs.

Papers, colors in hands
I’ll draw seagulls, waves, sand
Beach walkers without thongs

Sunday bells toll soft sounds
Watch dresses wave downtown
Find myself in Saigon

I’ll be with my mother
Sit, wait for her supper
And sunsets on the lawn.

One day I will be gone

Years of your loving care,
How much can I share?
Gratitude for your bond

The train to universe
My death and life emerge
You’re my steadfast beacon

My heart won’t need to beat.
But with your love to seed,
It will live on and on.

The new world where I’ll be,
As you and I can see
I will never be alone.

 Đỗ-Hữu-Tài


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét