Craving. Demanding. Freedom
Open letter to an unknown friend.
Dear friend,
The Budfha did not force, pressure, or even advise you to do anything that you don't like. He just express the law of causes and effects of what you do.
He said "Don't just believe what I said just because you revere me. Just listen to what I said then think to understand what I said then veryfy with your own experiences to see for yourself if what I said is true, leading you out of your own sufferings or leading you to your own sufferings.
Buddha, in so saying, absolutely respect your freedom to think, to act as you like.
He did not give out any Commandment.
He did not even give out any Precepts, as his followers said in books or talks.
Precepts are just advices, you are free to follow or not.
Buddha did not give out any advice which might cause some pressure on you that force you to follow.
He just give out Statements based on Law of Causes and Effects, ie Law of Conditionality. You have the absolute freedom to agree or not.
If you have hatred in your heart, you will be the first one to suffer.
If you have craving, then at the same time, you make yourself suffer.
The Budfha did not force, pressure, or even advise you to do anything that you don't like. He just express law of causes and effects of what you do.
If you did these things, then you will get those things
Following the Law of Contionality, Law of Causes and Effects
As I am not craving, demanding anything from you, you are absolutely, totally free to do anything you want, you should feel free to do whatever l sincerely like to do.
If you don't sincerely like to do something, ie. with joy, but you still do it just to try to please me, say yes to my wish, then I myself wouldn't be truly happy. So, don't try to do it. I want you to be happy, feel free to do what you sincerely like to do.
The most that I would do is to state:
If you do these things, then you will get those things as results. You have your absolute freedom to decide what to do.
Why I said that?
Because the more I practice Samma Sati, ie remember correctly all my experiences, the more I can see , the more I can understand that craving (tanha), demanding is the root cause of all of my own sufferings.
Also, if you think that I am craving, demanding anything from you, you will feel that as a pressure on you. It's no fun to be pressured. And I always want you to be happy, be free from any pressure.
Demanding, Craving is making yourself suffered!
Right at the moment you are craving, you suffer at that moment.
Just like an addict when he's craving for oxycodone : at that moment he suffer.
I don't have any intention to pressure you to do what you don't sincerely like to do.
I may suggest something, I may express what I like, but you should have freedom to say yes or no.
What I like may differ from what you like. I don't pressure you to like what I like, even that thing might be good, beneficial to you. I just offer, you may say yes or no, depending on your taste, you should have your freedom, I respect your freedom.
Even Buddha have never pressure anyone to do anything
What the Buddha said, he just made a statement according to law of conditionality, law of causes and effects.
If you have hatred in your heart, you will be the first one to suffer.
If you attach to something, or someone just for your own personal pleasures and joy, you will suffer later.
If you have craving, then at the same time, you make yourself suffer.
The Buddha did not force, pressure, or even advise you to do anything that you don't like. He just express law of causes and effects of what you do.
If you did these things, you will ger those things as results
It's upto you to decide.
Whatever you do, I'm still your friend, support you, because I know that you have good heart, always do things with good intentions in your heart, ie. with compassion and kindness, even you might sometimes end up doing the wrong thing because of still lacking some knowledge, lacking some wisdom as I and everyone does, no one can know everything, no one has full Wisdom like Buddha yet.
So, take it easy. Do what you sincerely like to do with your good intentions, compassion to yourself first and then to others. Both will give you joy, genuine pure joy.
Doing the Right Things ie. with sincere compassion and kindness is a Wise Thing to do as it will give you Joy, Genuine Joy in your Heart and Peace in your Mind.
Your friend
An Vui
Dear friend,
The Budfha did not force, pressure, or even advise you to do anything that you don't like. He just express the law of causes and effects of what you do.
He said "Don't just believe what I said just because you revere me. Just listen to what I said then think to understand what I said then veryfy with your own experiences to see for yourself if what I said is true, leading you out of your own sufferings or leading you to your own sufferings.
Buddha, in so saying, absolutely respect your freedom to think, to act as you like.
He did not give out any Commandment.
He did not even give out any Precepts, as his followers said in books or talks.
Precepts are just advices, you are free to follow or not.
Buddha did not give out any advice which might cause some pressure on you that force you to follow.
He just give out Statements based on Law of Causes and Effects, ie Law of Conditionality. You have the absolute freedom to agree or not.
If you have hatred in your heart, you will be the first one to suffer.
If you have craving, then at the same time, you make yourself suffer.
The Budfha did not force, pressure, or even advise you to do anything that you don't like. He just express law of causes and effects of what you do.
If you did these things, then you will get those things
Following the Law of Contionality, Law of Causes and Effects
As I am not craving, demanding anything from you, you are absolutely, totally free to do anything you want, you should feel free to do whatever l sincerely like to do.
If you don't sincerely like to do something, ie. with joy, but you still do it just to try to please me, say yes to my wish, then I myself wouldn't be truly happy. So, don't try to do it. I want you to be happy, feel free to do what you sincerely like to do.
The most that I would do is to state:
If you do these things, then you will get those things as results. You have your absolute freedom to decide what to do.
Why I said that?
Because the more I practice Samma Sati, ie remember correctly all my experiences, the more I can see , the more I can understand that craving (tanha), demanding is the root cause of all of my own sufferings.
Also, if you think that I am craving, demanding anything from you, you will feel that as a pressure on you. It's no fun to be pressured. And I always want you to be happy, be free from any pressure.
Demanding, Craving is making yourself suffered!
Right at the moment you are craving, you suffer at that moment.
Just like an addict when he's craving for oxycodone : at that moment he suffer.
I don't have any intention to pressure you to do what you don't sincerely like to do.
I may suggest something, I may express what I like, but you should have freedom to say yes or no.
What I like may differ from what you like. I don't pressure you to like what I like, even that thing might be good, beneficial to you. I just offer, you may say yes or no, depending on your taste, you should have your freedom, I respect your freedom.
Even Buddha have never pressure anyone to do anything
What the Buddha said, he just made a statement according to law of conditionality, law of causes and effects.
If you have hatred in your heart, you will be the first one to suffer.
If you attach to something, or someone just for your own personal pleasures and joy, you will suffer later.
If you have craving, then at the same time, you make yourself suffer.
The Buddha did not force, pressure, or even advise you to do anything that you don't like. He just express law of causes and effects of what you do.
If you did these things, you will ger those things as results
It's upto you to decide.
Whatever you do, I'm still your friend, support you, because I know that you have good heart, always do things with good intentions in your heart, ie. with compassion and kindness, even you might sometimes end up doing the wrong thing because of still lacking some knowledge, lacking some wisdom as I and everyone does, no one can know everything, no one has full Wisdom like Buddha yet.
So, take it easy. Do what you sincerely like to do with your good intentions, compassion to yourself first and then to others. Both will give you joy, genuine pure joy.
Doing the Right Things ie. with sincere compassion and kindness is a Wise Thing to do as it will give you Joy, Genuine Joy in your Heart and Peace in your Mind.
Your friend
An Vui
***
Google Dịch:
Khao Khát. Đòi Hỏi. Tự Do
Thư ngỏ gửi một người bạn không quen biết.
Bạn thân mến,
Đức Phật không hề ép buộc, gây áp lực, hay khuyên bạn làm bất cứ điều gì bạn không thích. Ngài chỉ đơn thuần diễn đạt quy luật nhân quả của những việc bạn làm.
Ngài nói: "Đừng vội tin những gì ta nói chỉ vì các con tôn kính ta. Hãy lắng nghe những gì ta nói, rồi suy ngẫm để hiểu, sau đó kiểm chứng bằng kinh nghiệm của chính mình để xem những gì ta nói có đúng hay không, liệu nó có dẫn các con thoát khỏi khổ đau hay dẫn các con đến khổ đau."
Đức Phật, khi nói như vậy, hoàn toàn tôn trọng quyền tự do suy nghĩ, hành động của các bạn.
Ngài không đưa ra bất kỳ mệnh lệnh, một điều răn, Commandment, nào cả
Ngài thậm chí không đưa ra bất kỳ giới luật nào, như các đệ tử của Ngài đã nói trong sách vở hay các bài giảng.
"Giới luật", precepts, chỉ là lời khuyên, các bạn có quyền tự do tuân theo hoặc không.
Đức Phật thậm chí cũng không đưa ra bất kỳ lời khuyên nào vì ngay cả lời khuyên cũng có thể gây áp lực buộc các bạn phải tuân theo.
Ngài chỉ đưa ra những lời tuyên bố dựa trên Luật Nhân Quả, tức là Luật Điều kiện. Các bạn hoàn toàn có quyền tự do đồng ý hoặc không.
Nếu trong lòng các bạn có hận thù, thì chính bạn sẽ là người đầu tiên chịu khổ.
Nếu các bạn có tham lam, khao khát (tanha), thì đồng thời, các bạn cũng tự làm mình đau khổ.
Phật không nói các bạn không được tham lam, khát khoái loại, các bạn không được giận ghét.
Phật không nói các bạn phải cảm thông người khác, phải có lòng thương người, phải giúp đỡ người khác.
Phật chỉ nói:
Nếu bạn có hành đỗng xuất phát từ thiên ý thì bạn sẽ được An Vui, Hạnh Phúc vả An Bình trong tâm.
Đức Phật không ép buộc, không gây áp lực, hay thậm chí là khuyên bạn đừng làm bất cứ điều gì bạn không thích. Phật chỉ đang diễn đạt quy luật nhân quả của những việc bạn làm.
Nếu bạn làm những điều này, thì bạn sẽ nhận được những điều kia.
Thí dụ: Ngũ Giới, thường được giảng và hiểu như 5 điều người Phật Tử tại gia phải tuân thủ.
Nhưng thực ra Ngũ Giới chỉ có.nghĩa:
Nếu bạn
- Giết hại
- Tà dâm
- Ăn cắp
- Nói dối
- Uống rượu.
Thì bạn sẽ là người đầu tiên chịu khổ.
Cũng theo Quy luật Nhân quả:
Vì tôi không thèm muốn, không đòi hỏi bất cứ điều gì từ bạn, nên bạn có thể hoàn toàn tự do làm bất cứ điều gì bạn muốn, bạn nên thoải mái làm bất cứ điều gì bạn thực sự thích làm.
Nếu bạn không thực sự thích làm điều gì đó, tức là không vui vẻ làm, nhưng bạn vẫn làm chỉ để cố gắng làm hài lòng tôi, nói đồng ý với mong muốn của tôi, thì chính tôi cũng sẽ không thực sự vui vẻ gì. Vì vậy, đừng cố gắng làm điều đó. Tôi muốn bạn hạnh phúc, hãy thoải mái làm những gì bạn thực sự thích làm.
Điều tối đa tôi có thể làm là nói:
Nếu bạn làm những điều này, thì bạn sẽ nhận được những điều kia như kết quả. Bạn có quyền tự do tuyệt đối để quyết định mình sẽ làm gì.
Tại sao tôi lại nói như vậy?
Bởi vì càng thực hành Samma Sati, Chánh Niệm, tức là nhớ lại chính xác tất cả kinh nghiệm của mình, tôi càng thấy rõ hơn, càng hiểu rõ hơn rằng tham lam, khao khát (tanha), đòi hỏi, là nguyên nhân gốc rễ của mọi khổ đau của chính mình.
Hơn nữa, nếu bạn nghĩ rằng tôi đang tham lam, đòi hỏi bất cứ điều gì từ bạn, bạn sẽ cảm thấy đó là áp lực. Bị áp lực không hề dễ chịu. Và tôi luôn muốn bạn hạnh phúc, được tự do khỏi mọi áp lực.
Đòi hỏi, tham lam là tự làm khổ mình!
Ngay lúc bạn đang tham lam, khao khát, bạn sẽ đau khổ ngay lúc đó.
Giống như người nghiện khi họ thèm thuốc giảm đau: ngay lúc đó họ đau khổ.
Tôi không có ý định gây áp lực buộc bạn làm điều gì đó mà bạn không thực sự thích.
Tôi có thể đề xuất điều gì đó, tôi có thể bày tỏ điều tôi thích, nhưng bạn nên có quyền tự do nói đồng ý hoặc không.
Điều tôi thích có thể khác với điều bạn thích. Tôi không gây áp lực buộc bạn phải thích những gì tôi thích, ngay cả khi điều đó có thể tốt, có lợi cho bạn. Tôi chỉ đưa ra lời đề nghị, bạn có thể nói đồng ý hay không, tùy thuộc vào sở thích của bạn, bạn nên có quyền tự do của mình, tôi tôn trọng quyền tự do của bạn.
Ngay cả Đức Phật cũng chưa bao giờ gây áp lực buộc ai phải làm điều gì, làm bất cứ điều gì
Những gì Đức Phật nói chỉ là lời phát biểu dựa trên quy luật nhân quả.
Nếu trong lòng bạn có hận thù, bạn sẽ là người đầu tiên phải chịu khổ.
Nếu bạn bám chấp vào điều gì đó, hoặc ai đó chỉ vì niềm vui và hạnh phúc cho cá nhân bạn, bạn sẽ phải chịu khổ sau này.
Nếu bạn có tham lam khao khát, thì đồng thời, bạn cũng đang tự làm mình đau khổ.
Đức Phật không ép buộc, gây áp lực, hay khuyên bạn làm bất cứ điều gì bạn không thích. Ngài chỉ diễn đạt quy luật nhân quả của những việc bạn làm.
Nếu bạn làm những điều này, bạn sẽ nhận được những điều kia như kết quả.
Tùy bạn quyết định.
Tóm lại: Lời Phật nói hoàn toàn có tánh cách Tự Do, Tự Giác, Tự Nguyện.
Tự Do:
Phật thì tuyệt đối tôn trọng tự do của mọi người.
Narcissist thì muốn mọi người phải theo ý muốn của mình.
Tự Giác:
Phật nêu lên, nói ra một Sự Thật, như một ý kiến riêng của Phật, một gợi ý, suggestion, để tự mình suy nghĩ, tìm hiểu. Kết quả là Tự Giác
Tự Nguyện:
Khi đã tự giác, thì sẽ tự nguyện làm những gí Phật đã gợi ý vì những việc này mang lại An Vui cho chính bản thân mình.
Khi đã tự giác rẳng Tham Ái (kamatanha), tức Khao Khát Hỉ Lạc, tức Tham Lam, Greed;
Sân Hận, Ngã Mạn, Ngã Tật là nguyên nhân khiến chính bản thân mình khổ, thì sẽ thấy ra rằng Vô Tham, Vô Sân, Vô Ngã Kiến ( Vô Mạn, Vô Tật) thì đem lại An Vui cho chính bản thân mình.
Vô Tham, Vô Sân, Vô Ngã Kiến thì hệ quả tất nhiên là Bố Thí, Từ Bi, Tùy Hỉ, Bình Đẳng tới mọi chúng sinh.
Giáo Dục
Cách Giáo Dục tốt nhất, có hiệu quả nhất là phải theo tinh thần Tự Do, Tự Giác, Tự Nguyện như Phật đã áp dụng.
Dù bạn làm gì, tôi vẫn là bạn của bạn, luôn ủng hộ bạn, bởi vì tôi biết bạn có tấm lòng tốt, luôn làm mọi việc với ý định tốt đẹp trong lòng, tức là với lòng từ bi và nhân ái, ngay cả khi đôi khi bạn có thể làm điều sai trái vì vẫn còn thiếu kiến thức, thiếu trí tuệ như tôi và mọi người, không ai có thể biết tất cả mọi thứ, không ai có trí tuệ trọn vẹn như Đức Phật.
Vậy nên, hãy thoải mái. Hãy làm những gì bạn thực sự thích làm với những ý định tốt đẹp, trước hết là lòng trắc ẩn với chính mình rồi mới đến người khác. Cả hai điều đó sẽ mang lại cho bạn niềm vui, niềm vui chân thành và thuần khiết.
Làm những điều đúng đắn, tức là với lòng trắc ẩn và sự tử tế chân thành là một điều khôn ngoan, vì nó sẽ mang lại cho bạn niềm vui, niềm vui chân chính trong trái tim và sự bình an trong tâm trí.
Người bạn của bạn
An Vui

Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét